iPhone SE 2016 Battery Replacement (1st Gen) | Premium Quality5 IPSE15 | In Stock
NZ$17.99 inc GST
iPhone SE 2016 Battery Replacement (1st Gen) | Premium Quality
NZ$17.99 inc GST
- OEM Texas Instruments IC Chipset
- Compatible with iOS Battery Health Statistics
- Voltage: 3.82V, 6.20Whr, Capacity: 1624MaH
- Compatible with iPhone SE models; A1662, A1723 and A1724
Frequently Bought Together
If your iPhone SE won't turn on, is stuck in a boot loop, has a "service battery" warning, or simply won't hold a charge, this replacement battery may be what you need to fix it.
A typical cellphone battery has about 500 cycles before it is unable to maintain a charge of at least 80% of its original capacity. Made from new materials, our batteries have zero cycles ensuring the maximum number of cycles available to you.
- Zero Cycle Count, therefore you have the maximum amount of cycles left
- Lithium Ion-Polymer
- Brand New materials
- Strict QC testing
- Less than 1% failure rate
- 12 Month Warranty
iGadget OEM iPhone SE replacement batteries carry loads of certifications (FCC, CE, SDOC, IEC62133-2:2017, UN38.3, MSDS and even a 1.2m drop test certification) so you can trust you are buying a safe, reliable and long lasting Lithium Ion battery.
IEC62133 Certification Tests:
- Insulation Resistance
- Continous Charging
- Short Circuit
- Thermal Abuse
- Forced Discharge
The OEM Texas Instruments chip (also known as the 'gas guage') measures and accurately communicates available capacity, voltage, current, temperature and other critical parameters for lithium-ion batteries. An inadequate battery gas gauge will result in surprise shutdowns, overcharging, poor user experience and will ultimately lead to a quicker deterioration of your battery
- Genuine OEM Texas Instruments Chipset (TIIC)
- Compatible with iOS Battery Health Notifications
- Accurate Communication to your device
- Superior charging control - Stabilises charging, discharging and overcharging
iGadget's OEM battery adhesive allows you to glue down the battery into your chassis while leaving pull tabs for you to be able to remove the battery if you need to later on
- OEM Battery adhesive is included
- Compatible Part Numbers: 616-00106, 616-00107
- Voltage: 3.82V
- Watt Hours: 6.20Whr
- Capacity: 1624mAh
- Chipset: Texas Instruments
- Battery Type: Li-Polymer
- Warranty: 12 Months
Compatible Model Numbers
Model Number (A Number)
iPhone SE 2016 Model Numbers
- EMC 3042
Device Number (M Number)
Watch the video above or checkout the step-by-step guide below for assistance in completing this repair
After completing your repair, calibrate your newly installed battery by charging it to 100% and then charging for a further two hours. Use your iPhone until it shuts off due to low battery, and finally, charge it uninterrupted to 100% again
Here is some tools you may need to help you complete the repair.
Please note: This battery comes with a simple toolkit, please check the "what's in the box" section for details
- Phillips #000 Screwdriver
- P2 Pentalobe Screwdriver
- iSesamo opening tool
- iSclack opening tool
- Suction Cup
- Fine Tipped Curved Tweezers
- Black Spudger
- iHold Evo screen holder
- iPhone 5s/SE Screw Mat
Here are some helpful tips to assist you in completing a safe repair on your device. If you are unsure of something or have any quesions, please feel free to contact us either by phone (0508 IGADGET) or by email
- Always track your screws to avoid putting back in the wrong place and damaging your device. You can draw a picture of your phone and tape the screws to the right places or use a magnetic screw mat
- Always power down your device prior to working on it
- Make sure you always unplug the battery before attemping any component removal
- Before removing your battery, discharge the battery to below 25%. A charged lithium-ion battery can catch fire or explode if punctured or damaged
- Removing the old battery adhesive can be frustrating, we recommend grabbing the tabs with tweezers and rolling the adhesive up the tweezers until it is gone. It may also be helpful to remove modular components that might be in the way at the bottom for better access. Also check out this video for more adhesive removal tips.
- If your newly installed battery is draining fast or shutting off randomly, try the following steps to resolve it
- Open up the device and unplug the battery
- Check the phone and battery connector for rogue bits of foam or debris and remove
- Plug the battery connector back into the phone making sure it is seated correctly (should hear an audible click)
- Inspect the flex cable to make sure there is no strain on it when the battery is plugged in. If there is any strain you may need to remove the battery and reposition (higher, lower, closer, further away from connector) so that the cable sits without stretch. If the cable is pushing against the bottom of the phone chassis, the cable may need to be reshaped to sit comfortably.
- Put phone back together and turn on
- Once you reach the home screen, perform a force restart by pressing and holding both the power button and the Home button until the apple logo appears.
If the new battery or the battery in your device is swollen or damaged during repair, take the proper precautions
You cannot dispose of old batteries in your general waste. Find recycling e-waste centres online or take to your local refuse station.
What’s In The Box
- 1x iPhone SE Replacement Battery
- 1x Replacement Battery Adhesive
- 1x Simple replacement toolkit
- 1x Small plastic handle phillips #000 screwdriver
- 1x Small plastic handle P2 pentalobe screwdriver
- 1x Small plastic handle flathead screwdriver
- 1x Small suction cup
- 1x Small blue spudger
- 1x Opening pick
Battery fitted perfectly and is working very well Rapid delivery -very satisfied and I would not hesitate to buy further products when needed from I-gadget.
Thank you for your feedback Rod. We are glad you are so happy with the battery you purchased and also that it was delivered in excellent time.
Came really quickly. It was easy to change and works really well. I would highly recommend iGadget and I will definitely use again.
Perfect for replacing battery - all the tools supplied. Battery health back to 100% and battery life lasting most of the day. Phone no longer heating up.
Kia ora Hope. Thanks for letting us know that the battery has brought life back to your phone. Thank you for buying from Igadget.
Amazing! I ordered the battery kit while on holiday at around 4pm one day, and by lunchtime the next day I got an email saying it had been delivered. We’re kind of remote here, I’ve never received any item within 24 hours of the order being placed. I was tired of charging my phone all night, only to take it off the charger and open the Covid app, then before I could scan in, it would shut down due to no battery power. Unlike a racing car it would go from 100-0 in around 30 minutes. I had to remain close to the charger at all times. Finally I arrived home from holiday. The battery kit contained all tools bedded, plus a couple of screwdrivers I didn’t use. I decided yesterday was the day. I won’t say it was an easy replacement, I do have a little experience with similar through my work, but not on such a small scale. I reconnected the screen improperly, disconnected the on/off button I didn’t need to, and dropped a screw into the carpet. But I quickly worked out where I went wrong, found the screw after a frantic search, and managed to recover. I definitely needed all the bubble wrap that came around the battery for stress relief. I am pleased to report that my battery is now in perfect health, and I don’t have to buy a new phone. This is a great little phone, so I’m pretty glad about that.
Hi there Jody. Thank you for taking the time to give such a great and detailed review. We are glad that we had just what you needed. We do aim to send off our orders as soon as possible- it is good to hear that the courier got it to you speedily. I'm glad you installed the battery and that it works so well.
Quickly delivery. Works perfectly in iPhone SE. Didn't use the tools as I had a previous set from a screen replacement. Very good price.